Opening in December 2016, International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be Asia Pacific’s premier business and cultural events precinct, showcasing Sydney to the world through its convention, exhibition and entertainment venues.
We are currently looking to recruit multiple Floor Coordinators who will providing operational support to clients during events and act as the main point of contact for event stakeholders during an event regarding any issues, ensuring all requests are attended to and Centre policy and procedures adhered to.
The Successful Candidates:
- Be the Centre’s main point of contact with clients during events.
- Coordinate all arrangements related to assigned groups to ensure the success of the event and promote repeat business.
- Identify and communicate the needs of the customer to other Centre departments to ensure proper service throughout the Centre’s operation for assigned groups.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new innovations, improvements to processes, and improvements or upgrades to existing ICC Sydney products and services.
- Monitor all operational activities, anticipate and rectify problems that may arise, ensuring liaison, delegation and negotiation with all operational departments with regard to effective delivery of ICC Sydney services on event day.
- Work closely with the operational departments to ensure general image, presentation and responsiveness levels are achieved.
- Monitor and control move in/out, ensuring schedule is adhered to as planned in the scheduling meeting, issues/problems to be coordinated through the relevant departmental duty person.
- Oversee dispatch of client goods to licensed client space.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of contractors, organisers, clients, guests and the public, and where necessary liaise and consult with the Risk and Safety Manager with regard to WHS and regulatory requirements, determining appropriate action where necessary.
- Monitor the operation within the Centre to determine possible actions required to facilitate continuous improvement to Centre services and the facility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, and event contractors encouraging feedback on the delivery of events to facilitate the improvement of products and services.
- Represent the Centre in welcoming VIPs on behalf of the senior management team in their absence.
- Liaise with Freight & Logistics Manager with reference to activities of porters to ensure event and client needs are met and customer service is at the highest level.
- Ensure all work activities and relevant information are recorded in Ungerboeck for monthly reports.
- Maintain up-to-date event files ensuring appropriate systems are in place.
The successful candidates will have previous experience in a similar event operations role, particularly in overseeing large scale events and ideally within a pre-opening or Greenfield environment. The successful individuals will have a proven track prior in multi-tasking and an ability to think on their feet whilst providing clear instructions to their team.
Additionally, these individuals will have a positive attitude, be a team player, a demonstrated commitment to their career and the desire to be part of one of Sydney’s largest and most innovative projects. To succeed, these individuals will have a passion for getting results, be resilient with strong customer service and communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships.
We welcome high achievers who are excited to take on new challenges and share their ideas. On-the-job training, development and exposure to an exciting work environment will give you the opportunity to work with great people, while earning a competitive salary and developing an amazing career.
To find out more about life at ICC Sydney, one of the world's most exciting business events and entertainment precincts, visit iccsydney.com/careers. Join us on the world stage!
6 days ago
Security OfficerICC Sydney - Sydney, NSW
Previous security experience is essential and you are required to hold a current NSW security license – class IAC, first aid and RSA Certificate and be able to...Read More 6 days ago
Floor CoordinatorICC Sydney - Sydney, NSW
Monitor and evaluate the activities of contractors, organisers, clients, guests and the public, and where necessary liaise and consult with the Risk and Safety...Read More 6 days ago
WHS OfficerICC Sydney - Sydney, NSW
Opening in December 2016, International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be the premier business and cultural events precinct in the Asia...Read More 6 days ago
Food and Beverage Floor ManagerICC Sydney - Sydney, NSW
Relevant legislative certification including a valid NSW RSA Competency card and Food Safety certificate. Plan, organise and direct a large and diverse team of...Read More 6 days ago
CleanerICC Sydney - Sydney, NSW
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Cleaner to work alongside our Presentation Services Team Leader to ensure ICC Sydney cleanliness, hygiene,...Read More 6 days ago