We are currently seeking an experienced Finance professional to join our Finance & Strategy team. Reporting directly to the Manager Finance Civil you will be responsible for providing accounting and financial support for the Civil business including any joint ventures the business undertakes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities -
- Provides accounting and finance support for the Civil business including any joint ventures the business undertakes
- Assist with the setup of joint ventures
- Prepares monthly management accounts including contract valuations
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations and audit packs
- Assists with the development of budget and forecasts
- Post journals and raise invoices
- Assist with preparation of statutory requirements including BAS and FBT returns
- Manages fixed asset accounting for the Civil business unit
- Undertakes and provides analysis of financial accounts and feedback on financial performance
- Provides input into the project cost reports to ensure alignment with monthly accounts
- Provides accounting solutions for joint ventures set up as ongoing operation
- Assist to prepare projects cash flow forecast and cost forecast for projects
- Provides a centre of expertise for JDE and reporting knowledge for the business
- Undertakes staff training .
You will have good analytical skills, proven experience in a similar role and be able to work as a team in a busy environment. Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Suite, Excel (advanced level), and also experience using the following software packages: JD Edwards or similar ERP system (SAP, Pronto) will be required. Your tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Business is necessary for this role and you will have commenced CA or CPA. A good working understanding of civil construction industry cost control and joint venture arrangements will allow you to hit the ground running.
This is an opportunity to broaden your industry experience and to work for a West Australian business icon.
1 weeks ago
Accountant - CivilBGC Contracting - Perth, WA
Your tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Business is necessary for this role and you will have commenced CA or CPA....Read More 1 weeks ago
Cost ControllerBGC Contracting - Perth, WA
Identifies and costs increases and reductions, rise and fall items, and identifies and assesses time impacts on contract program and impact on the overall...Read More 3 months ago
Dump Truck OperatorBGC Contracting - Whyalla, SA
The successful candidate will require previous experience in same or similar role, Awareness of safety on mines, earthworks projects, sites and plant and...Read More 3 months ago
Contracts SpecialistBGC Contracting - Perth, WA
Whole-of-life contract management from tender issue and negotiation to contract establishment, management and contract close out....Read More 4 months ago
Trainer - OperationsBGC Contracting - Perth, WA
Certificate IV in Training and Workplace Assessment is desirable; Assists with administration of the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) certificate and...Read More 4 months ago