Talented Accounts Officer required for temporary opportunity from beginning November. Small business environment requiring autonomous worker.
- Broad Role Encompassing AP, AR, Banking & Inventory
- 5-6 Week Temporary Opportunity
- Work Close to Home in the North!
Based in Melbourne’s northern suburbs my client within the manufacturing sector are seeking a bright and experienced Accounts Officer to join the team on a temporary basis to cover a leave of absence. Reporting remotely into the Financial Controller we seek confident, capable individuals who are able to self-manage day-to-day.
The role holds responsibility for administering the accounts payable and receivable functions as well as banking and inventory support – you will use your knowledge gained within a similar role in effectively managing daily transactional accounting tasks whilst working to specific time frames and deadlines. Previous payroll experience would be an advantage but not a necessity.
Duties to include:
The successful person will possess:
- Maintaining AP and AR function
- Purchase order administration and variance follow up
- AP invoice entry
- Account statement reconciliations
- Supplier payments
- Credit checks and new account set up
- Raising invoices
- Identifying and collecting overdue payments
- Payment allocation and bank reconciliations
- Assisting with inventory management/stock control
- Assisting with job costing/entry of data into Greentree
- Payroll (if prior experience, otherwise this can be absorbed by the FC)
- Providing reports and commentary to management as requested
- Prompt and courteous attention to queries from all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Demonstrated experience in a similar, autonomous role
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to quickly learn new systems – previous experience using Greentree would be an advantage
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Process oriented with a keen eye for detail
- A lateral thinker who can work with limited supervision
To express interest apply by following the appropriate link. Alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Peta Scott on 03 8629 1306 quoting reference PS610191A.
1 weeks ago
Accounts OfficerAccountAbility - Melbourne, VIC
Duties to include:. Purchase order administration and variance follow up. Previous payroll experience would be an advantage but not a necessity....Read More 1 weeks ago
Credit & Collections OfficerAccountAbility - Melbourne, VIC
Duties to include:. Demonstrated ability working with a relevant ERP system, SAP preferred. We want to hear from experienced Credit Professionals who possess...Read More 1 weeks ago
Accounts Receivable OfficerAccountAbility - Melbourne, VIC
Reporting into the hands-on Accounts Receivable Supervisor you will be responsible for the following duties:....Read More 1 weeks ago
Junior Accounts OfficerAccountAbility - Sydney, NSW
The culture of this company is unique, with lots of perks. Duties will include:. Working in a vibrant and busy office, the finance team now have a need for a...Read More 2 months ago
ReceptionistAccountAbility - Sydney, NSW
Answering calls and enquiries. Your duties will include:. Previous Corporate reception experience. This FMCG organisation is looking for a true career...Read More 2 months ago