Entry point to a national finance team
Excellent development opportunities
Powered by the knowledge of over 3000 highly skilled and motivated staff worldwide, we're on a journey to become one of Australia's leading multi-disciplinary infrastructure engineering and asset management consultancies.
Our greatest strength is the quality of our people, and this is reflected by our supportive, fun work environment, the exciting projects we are engaged in, the personal growth and training opportunities we offer and the excellent conditions of employment and competitive remuneration packages.
Our Finance team provides critical financial and accounting support to the broader business.
As Accounts Officer you'll provide of professional, effective and efficient finance and administration services to the business. The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the day-to-day functions of the Finance Team, with a focus on accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Maintain Projects, including set up and invoicing on Vision
- Coordinate GL and any issues relating to Expense Claims/ Credit Card Transactions
- Ensure that invoices are scheduled for payment based on agreed credit terms
- Ensure all reimbursements are approved prior to being paid
- Process invoice payments as scheduled
- Review daily bank statements and cheques received
- Assist with Month End
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash receipting
- Liaise with business managers and project managers in relation to outstanding payments
- Wednesday to Friday, 19 hours per week
To be successful in this role you'll require:
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in a financial or business related discipline
- At least two years recent experience in a similar position in a commercial environment
- Good understanding and experience with GST and its processing
- Knowledge of transactional accounting processes particularly accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and GL reconciliations
- Advance level of competency in MS Office software; particularly MS Excel and MS Word
by following the link below.
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential.
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
1 weeks ago
Accounts Officer, Part timeOpus International Consultants - Sydney, NSW
Degree, Diploma or Certificate in a financial or business related discipline. Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted....Read More 1 weeks ago
Senior Revit Drafter, StructuralOpus International Consultants - Perth, WA
Provide input into the planning of projects and assisting project managers to correctly scope out projects and have appropriate inputs and outputs and...Read More 2 months ago
Senior Design Manager - Major Transportation - ChatswoodOpus International Consultants - Sydney, NSW
The person who undertakes the duties and responsibility of this position is expected to have and/or develop:....Read More 4 months ago
Senior Utilities Design Manager - Major Transportation (Chatswood or Parramatta)Opus International Consultants - Sydney, NSW
The person who undertakes the duties and responsibility of this position is expected to have and/or develop:....Read More 6 months ago
Opportunity Melbourne, AustraliaOpus International Consultants - Melbourne, VIC
Project Manager’s – People with PM & BD skills with some form of technical specialisation in rail in any of the following – signalling, track, train control,...Read More 6 months ago