ASSISTANT DUTY MANAGER - DARWIN NT
An exciting position with our client has become available for an Assistant Duty Manager.
You will be responsible for ensuring that day to day operations are provided in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner. You will also oversee the operational staff to support the client’s professional culture.
Working alongside the Duty Manager, this role will require you to work a regular pattern of night and day shifts across a 7 day rotating roster which includes weekend and public holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Assist in day to day management of operational requirements including on-time performance, managing driver behaviour and service delivery whilst maintaining quality, consistency and safety at all times.
- Supervision of Bus Operators to ensure the timeliness of bussing services to contractual requirements
- Assist in the scheduling of daily operations in response to changing demands
- Assist in managing bus cleaning schedules to ensure highest standards of appearance are met
- Assist in managing all incidents in line with relevant policies and procedures, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and appropriate responses as required
- Assist in Performance Management of Bus Operators in line with policies and procedures, this includes disciplinary investigations, meetings and communication of company policy to employees
- Assist in coordination of employee rosters, time sheets and payroll in conjunction with Depot Manager and relevant departments.
- Assist in management of overtime, fatigue and other concerns as raised by bus operator’s line with grievance procedure and relevant legislation
- Constant and consistent communication and reiteration of company policy as a representative of the client and its policies and procedures
- Maintain constructive professional relationships with Bus Operators and Maintenance staff.
- Liaise with HSES department delegate to satisfactorily resolve safety issues raised.
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Flexible and positive attitude
- People management skills, or the willingness to learn
- Willingness to respect the confidentiality of both company and staff matters.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective work relationships.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and decisively execute tasks.
- Computer literate particularly Word and Excel.
- Accepting personal responsibility and accountability.
TLIF201A Apply fatigue management strategies
TLIF3063A Administer the implementation of fatigue management strategies
Current MR of above class licence with Hire Endorsement or equivalent
Certificate I, II, and/or III in Road Transport/Bus Operations.
To apply please submit a cover letter demonstrating your skills and experience against the essential and desirable criteria’s, along with a current copy of your resume with 3 of your most recent referees listed. Applications can be submitted by email to [email protected]
Applications for the position close at 4pm Friday 27th October 2016 . Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Return to list
share on twitter
1 weeks ago
Assistant Duty ManagerAll Aspects Recruitment & HR Services - Darwin, NT
Current MR of above class licence with Hire Endorsement or equivalent. Assist in managing all incidents in line with relevant policies and procedures, ensuring...Read More 1 weeks ago
Bus OperatorsAll Aspects Recruitment & HR Services - Darwin, NT
Hold a current H Endorsement or equivalent (requires relevant police and medical clearance). Hold current MR/HR/HC/MC licence....Read More 1 weeks ago
PAINTERS REQUIREDAll Aspects Recruitment & HR Services - Darwin, NT
One of Darwin leading painting companies is requiring painters for Works in Darwin and upcoming work remote areas. Established professional Company ManyRead More 3 months ago
Delivery DriverAll Aspects Recruitment & HR Services - Darwin, NT
Submit your updated cv with current referee. Be flexible with other duties as directed. Can do attitude, happy personality and an eye for detail....Read More 3 months ago
Final Trim Grader OperatorAll Aspects Recruitment & HR Services - Darwin, NT
Submit your current CV. Posses full car drivers license. We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Final Trim Grader Operators for an...Read More 3 months ago