Do you have an eye for identifying opportunities for improvement and the passion and drive to develop solutions to assist business stakeholders?
About the role
Assurance & Advisory Quality & Risk (AAQR) contribute to Deloitte’s prosperity and the execution of strategy in a commercial and sustainable manner, while protecting and keeping the firm safe. The Quality & Risk framework is simple, consistent and agile, enabled to discern what’s coming next, with monitoring and compliance. An opportunity exists to join the AQQR team as a Director in Melbourne.
As a Director in the team you will be a trusted advisor to the business on quality and risk related matters, including responding to consultations from the audit and assurance team members regarding specific engagement issues/queries. You will lead an audit quality initiative(s) and contribute to other activities including:
- Developing and launching initiatives aimed at continually improving Audit Quality
- Providing timely, practical and technically sound advice and assistance to audit and assurance teams relating to a broad range of quality and risk areas
- Coaching audit teams to achieve professional excellence and streamline the audit process
- Developing and delivering audit and assurance technical training to partners and practitioners
- Providing guidance and developing awareness relating to the practical application of new or revised audit and assurance related standards and legislation
- Providing input into proposed changes to the Deloitte Global Audit Methodology
- Providing input into proposed changes in standards, both locally and internationally
- Performing Engagement Quality Control Reviews on audit engagements.
You are a professionally Qualified or Certified Auditor (e.g. CPA / CA / ACCA) with at least eight years’ experience leading and delivering audit/assurance services, preferably across a range of different industries and engagement types. In addition, you will require:
About us: Deloitte culture
- Strong working knowledge of auditing related standards and good working knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Someone who can see opportunities for improvement and has the passion and drive to develop solutions to assist practitioners
- An ability to advise people and to balance risk and client service in a confidential environment
- A technical bent and someone who enjoys interpreting technical requirements for practical application
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative and collaborate
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social ‑ and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed ‑ in every sense of the word.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Regarding this role, you can contact Elizabeth Comber via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.
1 weeks ago
Government Advisory ManagerDeloitte - Perth, WA
CA qualification or the equivalent. From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression...Read More 5 days ago
Deloitte Access Economics - MacroeconomistDeloitte - Sydney, NSW
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the...Read More 1 weeks ago
Assurance & Advisory – Technical Audit Director – (Sydney)Deloitte - Sydney, NSW
The Quality & Risk framework is simple, consistent and agile, enabled to discern what’s coming next, with monitoring and compliance....Read More 1 weeks ago
Deloitte Private MIS - Senior Analyst (Sydney)Deloitte - Sydney, NSW
CA or CPA qualified, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field. From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of...Read More 1 months ago
Tax - Government Grants & Incentives Program - Infrastructure and Major Projects - Manager (Sydney)Deloitte - Sydney, NSW
A current knowledge of Australian Government policy is an advantage, particularly in regard to infrastructure and industry programs (e.g advanced manufacturing,...Read More 1 months ago