Jetstar thrives on innovation so with this in mind we're looking for a hardworking engineering professional to provide services relating to the maintenance and servicing of the Jetstar fleet based in Launceston, Tasmania.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a B1 Unrestricted LAME to join our Tasmanian Engineering team based in Launceston. The main function of these roles is to carry out line maintenance activities on Jetstar aircraft in a safe, compliant and timely manner.
We would like to hear from you if you are a hardworking, motivated and pro-active person who enjoys working in what can sometimes be an unpredictable environment. You should be organised, logical with meticulous attention to detail and have the ability to work within a broader airport team and also independently as required in a single man engineering port.
This is a challenging role and we will expect great results from the successful applicant. In return you will get to be part of a smart, driven, high performing team with real opportunities for you to make your mark and build your career within a great organization in an exciting industry.
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
To be considered for this role it is essential you should:
- To always act in a safe and compliant manner, complying with Company Safety and Procedures Policies and CASA Regulations.
- Carry out both scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance on company aircraft.
- Ensure timely and correct certification of all work carried out.
- Quality Control for aircraft maintenance and presentation.
- Provide AOG engineering support outside normal shift hours (normal EBA conditions apply).
- Control and coordination of all Jetstar Tooling, GSE and facilities located in Launceston to ensure compliance to all Jetstar manual procedures and requirements.
- Maintaining compliance for all personal training and EN's.
For this role it is desirable you should:
- Be a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with a sound knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Hold a CASA Part 66 license with B1 unrestricted type rating for A320/A321 V2500.
- If a currently employed Jetstar employee have a minimum "satisfactory" performance rating during the last 12 months.
- Permanently based (or willing to relocate) to the Launceston area.
- Have excellent troubleshooting, problem solving abilities and be capable to assess and interpret options and develop solutions for the line environment.
- Have excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate across all levels.
- Have proven people management skills.
- Have strong working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in being actively involved in SMS activities (such as fatigue management, work place inspections, reporting etc.
- Have experience with TRAX and Microsoft Office.
- Have the ability to be flexible with Roster working hours to meet the requirements of the port flying schedules including but not limited to working either a rotating 4 on 4 off shift pattern or Monday to Friday.
- Be able to hold a valid AUS ASIC.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.
- Hold a CASA Part 66 license with B1 type rating for B737-300 CFM56.
4 days ago
B1 Unrestricted LAME - LauncestonJetstar AU - Launceston, TAS
If a currently employed Jetstar employee have a minimum "satisfactory" performance rating during the last 12 months....Read More 4 days ago
CAMO Compliance ControllerJetstar AU - Melbourne, VIC
Determine, monitor and control project costs with an understanding of the key business drivers. You will play a critical role in keeping abreast of a large...Read More 2 months ago
Manager Group Human RiskJetstar AU - Melbourne, VIC
Relevant investigation qualifications and/or and experience. Qualifications and/or comprehensive experience in risk management and safety management systems....Read More 2 months ago
Flight AnalystJetstar AU - Melbourne, VIC
Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a...Read More 2 months ago
Manager - Airport TechnologiesJetstar AU - Melbourne, VIC
Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience. This unique opportunity will involve overseeing the Airport Specific Technology programs,...Read More 2 months ago