Job no: 984126
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: IT / Technology, Project & Change Management, Strategy
Business Solutions Manager
- Cutting edge technology platforms and the autonomy you need to shine
- Join a world leading technology and operations function.
- CBD based in state of the art, collaborative office space
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing and each of us is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to.
No matter where you are employed within the Group, your initiative, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work.
The Business Unit
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
CommBank is recognised as leading the industry in IT and operations with its world-class platforms and processes, agile IT infrastructure, and innovation in everything from payments to internet banking and mobile apps.
The Financial Services ES team provides technology leadership and delivers technology-enabled capability underpinning operating functions in our Financial Services business unit including Finance, Treasury, Procurement, Audit, Group Operations and Group Security.
The Business Solutions Manager will drive significant value to the Group by leading consulting initiatives that define the technology strategy supporting our business partners and evaluating and recommending options to deliver the highest value outcomes consistent with business and technology strategy.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Proactively build and maintain excellent business stakeholder relationships at all levels to ensure alignment between business strategy and technology strategy;
- Provide a consulting service requiring collaboration between business partners, technology partners and subject matter experts to drive technology change and strategic solutions that achieve business outcomes;
- Work effectively with our Architecture function in defining technology strategy and solutions;
- Produce reliable and efficient Preliminary Cost Estimates to meet business needs;
- Actively undertake and promote research relating to technology trends and the financial service industry while identifying opportunities beyond the underlying business needs and issues;
- Analyse and explain the feasibility of alternate solution options and the recommend the most feasible solution(s) for the business (e.g. via Concept Paper, Solutions Options Paper etc.)
- Build investment and business case funding requests aligned with business and technology strategy;
- Identify, capture and manage consulting initiative demand;
- Facilitate governance forums with key stakeholders to prioritise demand.
In order to apply for this unique, challenging and highly rewarding opportunity with a high level of exposure to Senior Stakeholders, it is essential that you can demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record in a consulting role (internal or external);
- Ability to present and translate technical concepts to a senior business audience;
- Experience in managing complex or challenging consulting initiatives;
- Experience defining complex or challenging technology solutions;
- Ability to manage cross functional teams to achieve an outcome;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills ;
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills;
- The ability to think outside the box and challenge our thinking;
- Financial services experience
This is a highly rewarding, career minded opportunity that will lead you on to great things. With a supportive management structure and a fantastic work / life balance, the CBA will, in return for your skills and passion, offer you a challenging, varied and enjoyable opportunity and the autonomy to shine. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. If you are seeking a new challenge, then please don't delay and .
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
19 Oct 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
11 Nov 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
4 days ago
Business Solutions ManagerCommonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Provide a consulting service requiring collaboration between business partners, technology partners and subject matter experts to drive technology change and...Read More 4 days ago
Executive Manager, Risk In ChangeCommonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, your role as Executive Manager will see you lead Line 2 risk oversight regarding the management of Risk in Change (RIC)...Read More 4 days ago
Analyst, Client AcquisitionCommonwealth Bank - Melbourne, VIC
A tertiary qualification in Business/Finance and/or Commerce would be desirable. Structure both general industry and property related transactions....Read More 4 days ago
Manager, Risk in ChangeCommonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Risk in Change, your role as Manager will see you undertake Line 2 risk oversight relating to the management of risk in...Read More 6 days ago
Senior Risk Manager, Wealth Risk Management (12 month FTA)Commonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Relevant Graduate Diploma or Masters qualifications including in Risk or Governance is desirable. Reporting to the Executive Manager, your role as Senior Risk...Read More 6 days ago