Bathurst Base Hospital (BBH) Emergency Department provides emergency care for the residents of Bathurst and surrounding towns. The department sees about 25000 per annum with a mixed case load. Our admission rate is 22 - 25%, with a reasonable load of high-acuity patients. In addition to providing initial resuscitation and management of acutely unwell patients, the department performs minor procedures (fracture and dislocation reductions, etc) under sedation. The hospital is on trauma bypass but in keeping with rurality there is a significant amount of trauma which comes to the department.
To keep updated on career opportunities available across WNSWLHD, connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram @wnswlhd or visit our Careers website.
- WNSWLHD is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and embodies our CORE Values . We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other diversity groups.
- Please note to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident; New Zealand citizen or a foreign national with a visa with permission to work in Australia. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Boarder Protection .
- Employment Checks are mandatory as part of the recruitment process for preferred applicants for positions in the NSW Health Service. For more information NSW Health Policy Directive - NCRC & WWCC Checks .
- Preferred applicants will be required to undertake an Employment Health Assessment, and where appropriate, screening and vaccination processes prior to commencing employment. See NSW Health Policy Directive - Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination for further information.
1) Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent with current authority to practice as a Medical Officer with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligible for same, allowing a candidate to work unsupervised in an Emergency Department.
2) At least four years post-graduate experience - at least two of these will be in a similarly structured health system.
3) Formal training in emergency medicine.
4) Demonstrated competence in Emergency Medicine. This will include examples of competent work and references from a senior person willing to verify advanced resuscitation skills.
5) Demonstrated competence in strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills (including competence in written and spoken English as applicable to Australian medical practice).
6) Demonstrated competence in dealing with other specialties and the ability to come to an agreed care plan which will benefit the patient.
7) Familiarity with software applications to facilitate communication and planning in a health environment, as well as competence in the current NSW computerised medical record system.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian.
For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website
6 days ago
Dental/Oral Health TherapistWestern NSW Local Health District - Bathurst, NSW
Evidence of good clinical and patient management skills in the provision of dental care to children and hygienist care to adults....Read More 6 days ago
Career Medical Officer (CMO) Emergency DepartmentWestern NSW Local Health District - Bathurst, NSW
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent with current authority to practice as a Medical Officer with the Australian Health Practitioner...Read More 6 days ago
Consultant Specialist - Medical Oncology and General MedicineWestern NSW Local Health District - Orange, NSW
Commitment to the development of the Cancer and Palliative Care Clinical Stream including participation in relevant Area, State, and National committees, as...Read More 6 days ago
Administration OfficerWestern NSW Local Health District - Dubbo, NSW
Current licence to drive in NSW. Selection Criteria 1) Demonstrated effective oral, written and electronic communication skills including effective liaison with...Read More 1 months ago
Trainee Dental AssistantWestern NSW Local Health District - Dubbo, NSW
Selection Criteria 1) Demonstrated ability and willingness to undertake Certificate III in Dental Assisting. Preferred applicants will be required to undertake...Read More 1 months ago