Providing risk management and insurance advice to Private Equity, Fund Managers and banks on M&A projects
Working on global and corporate risk across a broad selection of industries
An intensive and challenging role which will provide skills, insight and experience available nowhere else
Aon is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource solutions. Our key advantage is our broad view of two of the most important issues in our economy today: risk and people. Utilising this advantage, we are driven to empower economic and human possibility for clients, colleagues and communities around the world.
At Aon, you will be part of a team which will support and inspire you, and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It is an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we will empower results.
We are looking for an experienced global and corporate broker who is seeking a challenge that will take them away from the predictable annual renewal cycle into a world of Mergers and Acquisitions where their technical knowledge of risk transfer, insurance programs and client management will be respected and valued. These skills will subsequently be over-laid with an understanding of financier requirements and project management discipline.
Working as part of a high-performing team, you will be leveraging the experience and knowledge of others within the broader Aon business to analyse existing programs, providing risk consultancy advice and designing comprehensive new insurance programs. You will be able to provide your clients with thorough and professional advice, delivering report around their risk profile and recommend risk mitigation/transfer strategies.
The Aon Mergers and Acquisitions team consist of staff based in Sydney and Brisbane. They pride themselves on being market-leaders and are committed to providing a gold-class standard of service to their clients.
You will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Working on project-based work across a variety of industry sectors
- Building relationships and securing business through existing and newly-created relationships with the investment banking and private equity community
- Critically analysing existing arrangements and developing insurance programs, solutions and service requirements
- Producing high quality reports for the clients and banking representatives
- Working collaboratively with the Transactional Liability team and other areas with the Global Corporate, Placement, Financial Services and the wider business
- Previous corporate broking experience with an in-depth knowledge across the full spectrum of corporate and financial lines classes
- Tier 1/Diploma of Insurance Broking and preferably, tertiary qualifications in a related field such as finance, commerce, economics or law
- Ability to seek assistance from and collaborate effectively with a broad range of internal stakeholders
- The ability to analyse large volumes of information, deduce risk profiles and provide an in-depth commentary on them, including strategies around mitigation
- Highly self-motivated and able to take ownership and accountability for development and execution of projects and relationships
- Exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to develop, maintain and leverage professional partnerships
This is an excellent opportunity for a risk and insurance professional to join Aon’s Mergers & Acquisitions team. Your passion for satisfying a demanding clientele, analysing risk and providing technical advisory services will drive your success in this role. Your contribution will be rewarded with development and progression opportunities and generous performance incentives.
Working alongside an exceptional and high-performing team, this is a great role to gain visibility and develop into a true risk management expert.
Aon Culture & Benefits
With close to 1600 employees, we are the largest organisation of our kind in Australia. Globally, we have an employee base of 69,000 people working across 120 countries. This allows us to gather the best thinking from around the world and deliver solutions locally. We provide colleagues with the support to make an impact, a team that will inspire you to achieve, and on-going opportunities for development.
is a specialty division within Aon Risk Solutions, and provides exceptional Risk Management solutions and services to a broad portfolio of organisations within the Financial & Professional Services sectors.
How to Apply
Make your mark and apply online today!
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
1 weeks ago
Client Manager, GeelongAon - Geelong, VIC
Working with a diverse range of SME and middle-market commercial clients across a range of industry sectors, you will continue to build your brand and profile...Read More 1 weeks ago
Client Manager, Aon Mergers & Acquisitions Team - SydneyAon - Sydney, NSW
Tier 1/Diploma of Insurance Broking and preferably, tertiary qualifications in a related field such as finance, commerce, economics or law....Read More 1 weeks ago
Client Manager,CaloundraAon - Caloundra, QLD
An excellent opportunity for a tier 1 qualified broker to take on the position of Client Manager in our Caloundra branch....Read More 1 weeks ago
Assistant Motor Underwriter, BrisbaneAon - Brisbane, QLD
A core business unit within Aon Risk Solutions, One Underwriting is an evolving and expanding underwriting agency, providing insurance and risk management...Read More 2 months ago
Project Manager - Aon HewittAon - Sydney, NSW
Make your mark and apply online today with your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. Working to mid level project management qualifications ...Read More 2 months ago