The Medical Oncologist will provide high quality cancer care to non-chargeable inpatients, outpatients and patients attending the facility for emergency care, as well as chargeable inpatients that have been specifically referred to the specialist in Orange.
The Medical Oncologist will also participate in the Western NSW LHD Cancer and Palliative Care Clinical Stream of the Medicine. Providing clinical leadership relating to Medical Oncology will be a component of this role.
Applications for this position will be received via eCredential ONLY. To apply please click this link:
Follow the Registration/Login process, Create/Update your Clinician Profile and complete the Application and Selection Criteria questions. If you experience difficulties applying, please first refer to the User Guide attached to this advertisement. Alternatively you can contact the Coordinator Medical Recruitment on 0427 010 876.
Please Note: Paper-based applications will not be accepted. Please submit via eCredential .
1) Medical qualification eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2) Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award or other specialist recognition as provided for under the Health Insurance Act 1973.
3) Demonstrated technical and professional competence in medical oncology along with demonstrated clinical experience within the last two years.
4) Commitment to the development of the Cancer and Palliative Care Clinical Stream including participation in relevant Area, State, and National committees, as required to develop evidence-based, multidisciplinary models of cancer care within existing Australian and NSW-wide clinical protocols.
5) Commitment to Oncology and General Physician on-call roster including provision of outreach services to rural communities.
6) Demonstrated strong commitment to rural practice, and a detailed knowledge of the geographic, socioeconomic and resource issues related to oncology care in a regional centre.
7) Demonstrated strategic management ability; including a commitment to leading quality assurance activities and monitoring clinical indicators and outcomes and benchmark these against best practice clinical standards.
8) Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate, postgraduate, interdisciplinary teaching and education, including the ability to lead and participate in collaborative research.
Dental/Oral Health TherapistWestern NSW Local Health District - Bathurst, NSW
Evidence of good clinical and patient management skills in the provision of dental care to children and hygienist care to adults....Read More1 weeks ago
Career Medical Officer (CMO) Emergency DepartmentWestern NSW Local Health District - Bathurst, NSW
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent with current authority to practice as a Medical Officer with the Australian Health Practitioner...Read More1 weeks ago
Consultant Specialist - Medical Oncology and General MedicineWestern NSW Local Health District - Orange, NSW
Commitment to the development of the Cancer and Palliative Care Clinical Stream including participation in relevant Area, State, and National committees, as...Read More1 weeks ago
Administration OfficerWestern NSW Local Health District - Dubbo, NSW
Current licence to drive in NSW. Selection Criteria 1) Demonstrated effective oral, written and electronic communication skills including effective liaison with...Read More2 months ago
Trainee Dental AssistantWestern NSW Local Health District - Dubbo, NSW
Selection Criteria 1) Demonstrated ability and willingness to undertake Certificate III in Dental Assisting. Preferred applicants will be required to undertake...Read More2 months ago