The primary role of this position is the delivery of clinical dental services to children, and hygiene services to adults in Bathurst and the Southern/Eastern sector. Clinical services are to be delivered within the legislative and regulatory frameworks which prescribe the dental treatment which may be performed by Dental and Oral Health Therapists in NSW. The role will include population and evidence based oral health promotion activities which will span clients of all ages. (Oral Health Promotion Component to be negotiated with the Oral Health Service Manager.)
To keep updated on career opportunities available across WNSWLHD, connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram @wnswlhd or visit our Careers website.
- WNSWLHD is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and embodies our CORE Values . We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other diversity groups.
- Please note to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident; New Zealand citizen or a foreign national with a visa with permission to work in Australia. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Boarder Protection .
- Employment Checks are mandatory as part of the recruitment process for preferred applicants for positions in the NSW Health Service. For more information NSW Health Policy Directive - NCRC & WWCC Checks .
- Preferred applicants will be required to undertake an Employment Health Assessment, and where appropriate, screening and vaccination processes prior to commencing employment. See NSW Health Policy Directive - Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination for further information.
1) Current authority to practise as an Oral Health Therapist or Dental Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Final year students are welcome to apply pending graduation and registration.
2) Evidence of good clinical and patient management skills in the provision of dental care to children and hygienist care to adults.
3) Commitment to long term work in rural NSW with demonstrated understanding of issues related to working in Aboriginal communities in Western NSW, and competency in working in a cross-cultural environment.
4) Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal communications and to maintain professionalism at all times.
5) Demonstrated ability to work as an effective and collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary clinic team, in either a public dental clinic setting or an Aboriginal Medical Service setting.
6) Sound understanding of evidence-based oral health promotion and preventive dental programs and demonstrated commitment to same, across all age groups.
7) Demonstrated computer literacy and capacity to use an electronic oral health record and patient administrative system.
8) Demonstrated commitment to providing regular outreach clinical services, including an ability and willingness to travel for work purposes. This may involve driving long distances and occasional overnight stays. Evidence of minimum Class C Drivers Licence is required.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian.
For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website
6 days ago
Dental/Oral Health TherapistWestern NSW Local Health District - Bathurst, NSW
Evidence of good clinical and patient management skills in the provision of dental care to children and hygienist care to adults....Read More 6 days ago
Career Medical Officer (CMO) Emergency DepartmentWestern NSW Local Health District - Bathurst, NSW
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent with current authority to practice as a Medical Officer with the Australian Health Practitioner...Read More 6 days ago
Consultant Specialist - Medical Oncology and General MedicineWestern NSW Local Health District - Orange, NSW
Commitment to the development of the Cancer and Palliative Care Clinical Stream including participation in relevant Area, State, and National committees, as...Read More 6 days ago
Administration OfficerWestern NSW Local Health District - Dubbo, NSW
Current licence to drive in NSW. Selection Criteria 1) Demonstrated effective oral, written and electronic communication skills including effective liaison with...Read More 1 months ago
Trainee Dental AssistantWestern NSW Local Health District - Dubbo, NSW
Selection Criteria 1) Demonstrated ability and willingness to undertake Certificate III in Dental Assisting. Preferred applicants will be required to undertake...Read More 1 months ago