Richmond location and close to public transport
Innovative and flexible working environment
Be part of a company that brings out the best in its people
About carsales Network
carsales is Australia’s leading online automotive classifieds business. We own and operate a portfolio of automotive and industry related websites including Australia’s number one automotive classifieds website, carsales.com.au. We offer world class technology and advertising solutions, which drives business opportunities all around the world. carsales has operations across the Asia Pacific region and has interests in numerous automotive classified businesses in Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
The Analytics & Business Intelligence team provides scaled analytics and information capability for multiple teams within carsales, including technology, sales, marketing, and product management in order to match the right insight for each problem they are challenged to solve. We are looking for a Digital Analytics Lead who will be involved in key projects to enable web analytics capability across all company. You will be a subject matter expert for the smart use of data throughout the business and be able to tell a story behind the data in clear terms.
A successful candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, thorough understanding of databases and data visualization, the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, be self-sufficient, fast-paced and have a passion for scaling operations through automation.
What You’ll Do
Experience and Qualifications
- Define and implement Web Analytics strategy
- Manage and mentor web analysts team
- Implement Web Analytics tools and A/B platform
- Lead A/B and multivariate split testing initiatives, and landing pages development
- Act as an internal subject matter expert, yet collaborate effectively across-channels and different teams
- Create web analytics training programs across the company
- Develop effective tagging strategies to enable self-serve analysis throughout the organisation
- Define web analytics reporting within the organisation
- Support growth, marketing, product, UX support and multiple other teams with web analytics data analysis and reporting expertise
- Work across all business units and international branches to ensure measurement and transparency of all online activity.
- Analyse datasets from various internal and 3rd party sources to draw actionable insights
- Prioritise, and respond to ad-hoc requests for web performance analysis from stakeholders on occasion
- Support the development of key metrics for tracking performance of the business
- Create and publish analysis, reports, and dashboards
- Identify and analyse funnel metrics by vertical
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics)
- Min 7+ years’ experience, with web analytics tools (preference in Google Analytics)
- Substantial experience in A/B tests
- Extensive knowledge in tagging strategy implementation
- Experience with SQL and Excel
- Prior experience in data analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Proven experience leading web analytics projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business or marketing insights
- Fast learner
- Ability to achieve power-user status on software/tools quickly
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
carsales offers extensive opportunities to learn and evolve in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are committed to our people through many ongoing initiatives associated with culture and benefits, career development, health and wellbeing, community, work life balance and reward and recognition. We continually strive to attract and retain the most talented people through a number of programs designed to support learning and development. When you work at carsales you don't just have a job, but you have rewarding a career!
carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on providing a diverse workplace that brings out the best in its employees. We encourage women and men of all ages and background to apply!
1 weeks ago
Digital Analytics Leadcarsales.com.au - Melbourne, VIC
Experience and Qualifications. We are committed to our people through many ongoing initiatives associated with culture and benefits, career development, health...Read More 1 weeks ago
Web Analytics Leadcarsales.com.au - Melbourne, VIC
Experience and Qualifications. We are committed to our people through many ongoing initiatives associated with culture and benefits, career development, health...Read More 2 months ago
Product Specialistcarsales.com.au - Melbourne, VIC
Tertiary qualifications from a relevant communications, technology or business background. Experience and Qualifications....Read More 2 months ago
Head of Insightscarsales.com.au - Melbourne, VIC
Tertiary qualifications in quantitative discipline - mathematics, statistics, engineering, information technology or another related degree....Read More 2 months ago
Sales Support Coordinatorcarsales.com.au - Melbourne, VIC
Share learnings with co-ordinators and account executives on process, tricks, short cuts in a formal and informal setting in order to improve on current process...Read More 2 months ago