You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Make recommendations in relation to provider and service approvals, quality assessment and ratings, compliance monitoring and enforcement in accordance with relevant nationally applied and state ECEC legislation, with a focus on quality outcomes for children.
- Assess and document the performance of ECEC service providers and make recommendations on necessary actions to the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader.
- Advise the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader on issues relating to provider and service approvals and their ongoing monitoring and compliance.
- Provide consistent advice to the general public, service providers, other external stakeholders and state and Commonwealth agencies about the regulatory framework.
- Apply consistent, transparent and robust business practices including recordkeeping, assessment, approval, monitoring and complaint processes and management.
- Input data into relevant ECEC services databases enabling the collection of relevant, timely and accurate information in relation to regional ECEC services.
- Undertake performance monitoring of funded ECEC services against service level agreements.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the good governance and objectives of the region and the broader department.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement strategies relevant to the role of Early Childhood Officer.
The incumbent will be required to undertake their duties as authorised officer under section 195 – authorisation of authorised officers of the Education and Care Services National Law (Queensland) Act 2011. It would be advantageous if the incumbent is already recognised as an authorised officer under this section of the legislation.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
1 weeks ago
Senior RangerQueensland Government - Mackay, QLD
Licences It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a manual driver''s licence and an open Coxswain''s Certificate of Competency....Read More 6 days ago
Principal - Pittsworth State High SchoolQueensland Government - Toowoomba, QLD
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland....Read More 6 days ago
Site SpecialistQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline health care...Read More 6 days ago
Events and Communication OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
A covering letter, of no more than 2 pages outlining your skills and experience against the key responsibilities and key capabilities for the role;...Read More 6 days ago
Performance Services OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Applications to remain current for 12 months. Duties of the role. Undertake a range of financial tasks including organising the payment of monthly accounts for...Read More 6 days ago