Forming part of the PPK Group, PPK Mining Equipment is a fully certified ISO 9001, AS/NZS 3584 and AS/NZS 3800 workshop that specialises in the design, manufacture, service and overhaul of the industry renowned COALTRAM flameproof and explosion proof diesel Load Haul Dump (LHD) utility vehicles. These class leading vehicles are a critical part of the supply chain of operators in high methane gas underground coal mine environments.
PPK is seeking to employ a suitably qualified Electronics Technician who has a proven track record in evaluating, testing, analysing and repairing electronic equipment.
Where necessary, you will also be required to provide technical assistance to other divisions within the organisation, particularly for research and development projects. Reporting to the Electronics Production Manager, the role is a full time position based at our Tomago facility.
- We are looking for a proactive, articulate and intelligent individual who can embrace new challenges. You will be organised and have exceptional problem solving capabilities.
- You will be highly motivated, energetic and result focused.
- You will be experienced in fault finding to a component level using PTH and SMT technologies.
- You are also a team player and have the ability to communicate specialised knowledge to other technical and / or non-technical members of the team.
You will have demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Proven track record of diagnostic faultfinding down to component level of PTH and SMT printed circuit boards.
- Competent in the use of various standard test and measurement equipment. E.g. CRO, DVM's, power supplies, etc.
- Mechanically proficient in the disassemble and reassemble of electronic equipment.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret technical documentation. E.g. engineering drawings, schematics, assembly drawings, etc.
- Previous experience completing inspection documentation.
- An experienced PC user.
The following skills will be highly regarded:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Electronics qualification or equivalent
- Ex d, Ex i, Ex e and Ex m qualifications
All applicants should apply through the Indeed website.