My client specialises in constructing modern and innovative residential and commercial developments who have had a presence in the Sydney region for over 10 years. The majority of their projects are high rise residential apartment and mixed-use buildings, however over the next few year's they will be expanding their commercial side of their business. Due to their continued growth and project pipeline they are looked to add numerous members of staff to their team including an experienced Site Manager on a CBD area based project.
The Role and Person
As an experienced Estimator, you will need to have had exposure to relevant software and have worked in a similar role within the commercial construction sector. You will be working both within a team of salesmen as well as autonomously on projects of various size and nature. Relevant degree/qualifications will benefit the applicant through the selection process.
Working within the dynamic team, the successful candidate will effectively contribute to the success of the business by:
- Liaising with internal sales teams and clients to successfully scope client requirements
- Interpret project specifications from clients and deliver timely and accurate quotations
- Operate relevant software in order to efficiently produce sales and cost estimating and labour, material, and time requirements
- Resolve any discrepancies in design and estimating to ensure that designs and estimations are accurate and provide value to the client and also the sales and production team
- Preparing necessary reports for clients, sales and production team to ensure the successful production of products
- Following up clients to ensure that client requirements have been met
- Other reasonable duties as may be required
To be considered for this position, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Fully conversant with Microsoft excel
- Sound plan and specification interpretation skills.
- Attention to detail and methodical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
On offer is a permanent career with a company who are clearly at the top of their game, a company who invest in each or their employees, and one who have created a workplace where people want to stay and continue to learn. In addition to the above statement, they are in a position to offer salary packages that are top of the market and the kudos of working within a highly ethical employer.
Design & Construct guarantees to keep your enquiry confidential and will always meet with you first before submitting your details to any of our clients. Your details will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (RCSA), Housing Industry Association (HIA), Master Builders Association (MBA) and Civil Contractors Federation (CCF). Design & Construct always acts in accordance with their Code for Professional Conduct.
Identity and residency checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia.
For further information regarding this position or any other opportunities that we currently have available please contact Ollie Jackson in confidence on 02 9955 2299
To view all of Design & Construct's current opportunities pleaseÂ
visit our website www.designandconstruct.com.au
1 weeks ago
Draftsperson - Structural ProjectsDesign and Construct - Sydney, NSW
Relevant drafting qualifications - Civil/Structural Engineering or similar. The main requirement for this position is a minimum of 3 years' experience in a...Read More 1 weeks ago
Contract Administrator - Remedial/InsuranceDesign and Construct - Sydney, NSW
Relevant Degree qualification - Building, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture. To view all of Design & Construct's current opportunities please....Read More 1 weeks ago
Fit-Out Carpenters and Cabinet Makers- BrisbaneDesign and Construct - Brisbane, QLD
Your own vehicle and a current QLD drivers licence. A current QLD Blue / White Construction safety card. 2 work references from previous employers....Read More 1 weeks ago
EstimatorDesign and Construct - Sydney, NSW
Operate relevant software in order to efficiently produce sales and cost estimating and labour, material, and time requirements....Read More 1 weeks ago
Junior Contract Administrator / Junior Project ManagerDesign and Construct - Sydney, NSW
As a Contract Administrator you will be focussing on Commercial & Retail Fit-out and refurbishment projects up to $6m in value....Read More 1 weeks ago