Job no: 984123
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
The Commonwealth Bank brand is the most recognised brand in the Australian financial services industry.
Risk Management (RM) is responsible for developing the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within the approved appetite.
Within Risk Management, the Group Operational & Regulatory Risk Enterprise Services team provides independent review and challenge on risk management for Enterprise Services (ES), including the associated Information Technology and Group Operations functions.
About your role
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, your role as Executive Manager will see you lead Line 2 risk oversight regarding the management of Risk in Change (RIC) across Enterprise Services, as well as for technology related change impacting non-ES business units.
As a strong communicator with an ability to engage and influence all levels of stakeholders, your role will involve implementing and leading the delivery of an appropriate Risk in Change (RIC) methodology. Your objective in building and managing a high performance team will be to ensure that Enterprise Services is identifying and managing change risk within risk appetite, ensuring that support is also provided to other Group Business units in their change risk.
More specifically your main duties will include:
We are seeking an experienced technology risk professional with:
- Managing and developing a suitable operating model for Line 2 support, review and challenge over Risk in Change within Enterprise Services;
- Developing, updating and implementing appropriate RIC Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) for both the ES and risk behaviour scorecards, and collating appropriate data to enable governance and monitoring of these KRI's;
- Developing and leading Risk In Change methodology training to Enterprise Services;
- Determining the appropriate integration of RIC into Agile processes and methodology;
- Managing a pipeline of RIC support activities, including developing and applying criteria for determining RIC activity / oversight;
- Developing an operating model for the integration of RIC activity into productivity led change events impacting ES and delivered through ES;
- Providing status reporting and commentary on outstanding remediation plans for RIC;
- Interacting with auditors or the regulator, as directed by Group Risk; and
- Conducting targeted risk reviews or 'deep dives' when potential control weaknesses have been identified.
- Strong experience working in IT/ Operational and Audit/Risk roles in a recognised financial institution or other large organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in Technology Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Project Risk, Project Assurance and/or Risk in Change;
- Team management experience is preferred;
- Experience in review of change programs and projects with an understanding of both delivery and delivered risk principles;
- Ability to translate current and anticipated business needs and strategies into technology and service solutions;
- Strong understanding of operational risk management and compliance disciplines;
- Knowledge of third party risk management;
- Experience dealing with regulatory and compliance issues;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Demonstrated self-starter with an analytical, yet commercial approach to problem solving;
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline; and
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CA, CISA, CISM) is desirable.
This position provides the opportunity to play an influential role in the development, implementation and strategic outcomes of the risk management division in one of the Group's most exciting and dynamic business units.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, then we would like to hear from you.
We offer you the opportunity to expand your career surrounded by a skilled and successful group of individuals. Our remuneration packages are highly competitive and you will have access to a range of exclusive and exciting benefits.
We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
19 Oct 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
04 Nov 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
4 days ago
Business Solutions ManagerCommonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Provide a consulting service requiring collaboration between business partners, technology partners and subject matter experts to drive technology change and...Read More 4 days ago
Executive Manager, Risk In ChangeCommonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, your role as Executive Manager will see you lead Line 2 risk oversight regarding the management of Risk in Change (RIC)...Read More 4 days ago
Analyst, Client AcquisitionCommonwealth Bank - Melbourne, VIC
A tertiary qualification in Business/Finance and/or Commerce would be desirable. Structure both general industry and property related transactions....Read More 4 days ago
Manager, Risk in ChangeCommonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Risk in Change, your role as Manager will see you undertake Line 2 risk oversight relating to the management of risk in...Read More 6 days ago
Senior Risk Manager, Wealth Risk Management (12 month FTA)Commonwealth Bank - Sydney, NSW
Relevant Graduate Diploma or Masters qualifications including in Risk or Governance is desirable. Reporting to the Executive Manager, your role as Senior Risk...Read More 6 days ago