The Health, Fitness and Customer service professional will work health club shifts, Customer service and cafe shifts along with opportunities for personal training and group fitness classes. The successful personal will be passionate about health and fitness and customer service excellence and will be able to work early mornings, evening and weekends.
About the centre:
The Eltham Leisure Centre is a facility that offers a wide variety of programs and services.
The Centre comprises of a fully equipped health club, a group fitness room (with a program exceeding 100 classes), a program room, health suites, 25m indoor pool, children's play pool, slides, spa and sauna, 2 x basketball courts and tennis courts. The Centre has a large membership base and exceeds 850,000 visitations per year.
This facility is one of three leisure facilities managed by the YMCA in partnership with the Shire of Nillumbik. The YMCA presence within Nillumbik provides the unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to a variety of facilities, programs and services. The Centre underwent a dry renovation in 2008, and has commenced an aquatic redevelopment in 2016.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the Health and Fitness Industry
- Strong ability to obtain and attract clients for PT and Group Fitness
- Strong ability to connect and interact with people
- Friendly and approachable with a strong customer service focus
- Flexibility to work a range of shifts, especially early mornings, late nights and weekends
- Interested in being involved at other Nillumbik Region YMCA's including Diamond Creek Community Centre, Community Bank Stadium and Macleod Recreation and Fitness Centre.
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness and or relevant tertiary education
- Current Fitness Registration
- Current Level 2 First Aid
- Current CPR
- Working With Children Check
- Other fitness related qualifications - desireable
- Group Fitness qualifications - desireable
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Current CPR
- Level 2/Senior/Apply First Aid
- Working with children check
7 days ago