2 casual positions available Servicing clients in the Bankstown area Leading not for profit organisation
Aged Care Plus provides aged care services across NSW, ACT and QLD. We take a person centred approach to care and are committed to meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each of our care recipients. At Aged Care Plus we have a heart for people – a deep and powerful need to care for others.
About the Role
We currently have vacancies for 2 casual Home Care Employees, servicing clients in South Western Sydney. This vacancy will best suit people residing close to Bankstown with the ability to travel around the area.
The purpose of this role is to provide quality care based on clients’ needs that promotes quality of life, and enhances the ability of individuals to maintain their independence and remain within their homes in the community.
As a Home Care Employee, you will provide personal care, social support and domestic assistance including shopping, meal preparation and transport to appointments. General cleaning tasks including vacuuming, mopping, ironing, cleaning bathrooms and dusting.
To be successful in this role you will:
How to Apply
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army
- Experience working with the aged in the community or home care setting
- Have a genuine caring & compassionate nature - Share our commitment the the care of older people in their homes, with a focus on wellness and enablement
- Be an effective communicator with professional attitude
- Own a roadworthy & comprehensively insured vehicle & current drivers licence (km allowance provided) to travel in the local area to visit clients.
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and effective time management skills
- Enjoy cleaning and domestic duties
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Certificate III in Community or Aged Care
- First Aid Certificate
If you wish to bring your talents to a supportive and highly professional Community centre, please apply through our website www.agedcareplus.salvos.org.au.
Applications must include a current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability against the position selection criteria. To ensure your resume is noticed, please complete the online application form as well as the screening questions.
For further information please contact Home Care Co-ordinator Tracey Isles on 02 9645 3220
Applications close: Monday 31st October 2016
Please note to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. Offers of employment will be subject to a national criminal history record check.
2 weeks ago
Home Care EmployeeAged Care Plus - Sydney, NSW
Certificate III in Community or Aged Care. As a Home Care Employee, you will provide personal care, social support and domestic assistance including shopping,...Read More 2 weeks ago
Home Care EmployeeAged Care Plus - Port Macquarie, NSW
Certificate III in Community Care or Aged Care. As a Home Care Employee, you will provide domestic assistance, personal care, social support, shopping, meal...Read More 2 months ago