SALARY RANGE: $90,779 - $107,553 pa (plus 17% super)
HOURS OF DUTY: Full-time (36.75 hours per week)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Ongoing
LOCATION OF POSITION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of Functional Anatomy and Strength and Conditioning Sciences. The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School's teaching, research, and program development.
- Teaching in the area of functional anatomy and strength and conditioning sciences to the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology
- Contributing to building an active (national) research record, including publication and the generation of external research income
- Participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer assessment regimes and provide feedback that fosters independent learning
- Experience in developing curricula and resources that reflect an understanding of functional anatomy and strength and conditioning sciences.
- Proven research activity in functional anatomy and strength and conditioning sciences, including a sound record in publishing in highly ranked academic journals.
Dr Brad Aisbett, Tel: +61 3 92446474,
Email: [email protected]
Sunday 13 November, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
All applicants MUST
provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
1 weeks ago
Lecturer in Functional AnatomyDEAKIN UNIVERSITY - Geelong, VIC
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover...Read More 1 weeks ago
Project OfficerDeakin University - Melbourne, VIC
Graduate qualification in Architecture, or equivalent within the building construction / project management industry....Read More 2 months ago
Lecturer, Graduate EmployabilityDeakin University - Melbourne, VIC
Providing support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Teaching and Learning, and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Education in the development and delivery of innovations to...Read More 2 months ago
Executive AssistantDeakin University - Melbourne, VIC
A tertiary degree and subsequent relevant administrative experience or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in administrative...Read More 3 months ago
Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer (Commercial / Criminal / Constitutional / Tax / Trade)DEAKIN UNIVERSITY - Melbourne, VIC
The classification on appointment will be commensurate with the successful candidate's qualifications, experience and professional profile as evidenced by their...Read More 3 months ago