Reporting to the Engineering Planning and Scheduling Superintendent, this position will provide support to coordinate and monitor the daily activities of outside service providers as well as review and issue preventative and corrective maintenance work.
The successful candidate will join a team of maintenance specialists in the Port Botany Terminal workshop. The maintenance team are responsible for maintaining both heavy mobile equipment, fixed plant and facilities to ensure the business operations meet the demands of our customers.
This role will suit a focused individual who prides themselves on planning and prioritising preventative and corrective maintenance tasks to ensure delivery of a superior service to internal customers.
- Ensure safe work practices are employed at all times
- Coordinate the distribution and review of preventative and corrective maintenance tasks using the Asset Maintenance Management System
- Review invoicing to maintain cost integrity
- Ensure cost effective maintenance of plant and equipment in line with the department budget
- Liaise with key service providers and repairers
- Coordinate the reduction of back log work
- Maintain prompt and accurate data
- Identify potential problem areas in equipment safety and reliability
- Recommend systems and procedures to assist in improving the efficiency of the maintenance equipment across the terminal
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering trade is preferred
- Experience in the heavy equipment industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management and service providers
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating a safe working environment
- Demonstrated experience in computer based maintenance management systems (Maximo preferred)
- Proven experience working with budgets, quotes and invoicing (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated experience in contractor management (preferred but not essential)
- Proven experience working autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve results and work effectively in a demanding environment
Remuneration and benefits
We are committed to the development of our people and invest in ongoing training to improve performance, provide career development opportunities and offer competitive salaries.
Additional information for internal applicants
Please ensure that prior to applying to any internal vacancy, you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and gained their consent.
Supporting flexible work arrangements
At DP World Australia we understand that our greatest resource is our people. We provide long term career options where we recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We employ and promote on the basis of role requirements and we select people to roles based on their qualifications, skills, experience and fit with DP World Australia’s culture and values.
Applications should be received by 1 November 2016
1 weeks ago
Maintenance CoordinatorDP World Australia - Sydney, NSW
The maintenance team are responsible for maintaining both heavy mobile equipment, fixed plant and facilities to ensure the business operations meet the demands...Read More 1 weeks ago
Engineering ManagerDP World Australia - Melbourne, VIC
Current knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Acts, regulations, codes of practice and risk management procedures....Read More 3 months ago
Safety and Training CoordinatorDP World Australia - Sydney, NSW
A tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety, Training and Assessment and Environmental Management....Read More 4 months ago
Systems Analyst, Human ResourcesDP World Australia - Sydney, NSW
The successful candidate will hold a relevant tertiary qualification and bring 5 to 10 years’ experience in delivery of HR systems solution from concept through...Read More 5 months ago
Stores and Purchasing OfficerDP World Australia - Melbourne, VIC
Current and valid driver’s licence and forklift licence required. Minimum 3 years’ experience in stores and inventory control including purchasing, receiving,...Read More 6 months ago