The Friends of Nepal Association (FONA) is a non-profit, for-purpose organisation at the beginning of its national and international expansion plans. We need a Communications and Marketing Specialist who understands strategy and can spread the message to our community and beyond about the work FONA is doing.
This is a rare opportunity for a brilliant communicator, creative writer, content marketeer, influencer, optimist, and a humanitarian to complement our core team and highlight the incredible difference we are making in Nepal.
Our mission is to connect the best minds of the world to find innovative solutions to overcome the impediments to development in Nepal. We are a new hybrid charitable organisation doing things differently and re-thinking traditional development models. To do this, we connect with thought leaders and experts from around the world to help us develop world class solutions. Our work is evidence-based and focuses on strong community engagement, a discipline we apply to every facet of our organisation.
You will play an integral role to implement integrated FONA marketing and communication strategies and plans in liaison with our external consultants to achieve FONA’s aspirations, which will primarily include:
Skills and Qualifications
- Brand enhancement and development of the organisation and its executive team
- Digital and social engagement plans to boost supporter engagement and reach
- Content marketing – internal and external
- Collateral, visual assets and tools creation and development
- Strategic partnerships and alliances
- Fundraising and advocacy
- Campaign design, development and management
- Media and public relations management
You will have tertiary qualifications in business / communications / marketing / international relations.
Communications and marketing plus some fundraising or agency experience is preferred. Start-up or digital membership based experience would be ideal.
- Creative, commercially-savvy, passionate, energetic and intuitive person who can inspire our audience and achieve desired outcomes.
- Across latest and emerging trends in marketing and communications, can provide new ways of engaging our audiences.
- Self-starter, resilient, positive, collaborative and open-minded.
- Clear, concise writing style with the ability to write appropriately for different audiences and channels.
- Strong implementation skills, able to drive projects to completion.
- Highly developed lateral problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Ability to seek and see opportunities within challenges and constraints and convert them into winning, innovative communication strategies.
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
FONA is an organisation build on core values of:
- Innovation and social transformation
- Partnership and collaboration
- Integrity and transparency
We are a high performance, passionate and supportive team of professional people. You will work on projects that will inspire you, and something new and challenging will await every day. We are generous with flexibility and in return we require a good work ethic and strong integrity.
As an agile organisation, you will be working in a co-working space in Sydney alongside other entrepreneurial start-ups.
Some international travel may be required.
Supporting materials JD - Communications Specialist 2016.pdf
5 days ago