Homestead State School is situated within the Charters Towers regional council district, seventy-five kilometres west of Charters Towers on the Flinders Highway. The school celebrated 100 years of education in 1993. Our school is part of the northern education region, Townsville district office.
Currently there are 8 students enrolled, with students enrolled in every level from preparatory through to year 6, excluding years 2 and 6. Homestead is well known within the district for the extremely high standard of behaviour from the students at the school. Parents, students and staff work together to ensure this tradition continues from year to year.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit their website.
About the role
As a school leader you play a vital role in shaping the way we deliver education services to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and creativity to succeed in the global economy. The ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
- Demonstrated leadership of a curriculum, teaching and learning environment, leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use strategic thinking and analytical skills to influence the educational agenda for state schooling.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.
When writing your Suitability Statement and Resume keep in mind that the panel will be looking for your demonstration of: i). Knowledge - What the person needs to know to perform the role.ii). Skills - The specific skills to meet required role outcomes.iii). Attributes - Inherent personal qualities relevant to the role.
Please note that within the context of the role description, while the ideal applicant will be someone who has the key capabilities it is NOT a requirement to write to these capabilities individually, i.e. your suitability statement and Resume should provide a holistic picture of your suitability to the role and reflecting these capabilities that writing to SC as in the past.
Your application must include:
- a current Resume (maximum 3 pages);
- contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor); and
- a written response outlining your suitability for the role under ''How You Will Be Assessed'' (maximum 1 page).
For further information about the role please ensure you download and review the attached Role Description.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at www.qct.edu.au
Local Position Information Packages can be requested by emailing: [email protected]
with a reference of “Principal, Homestead SS – Position Information Package”. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
2 weeks ago
Senior RangerQueensland Government - Mackay, QLD
Licences It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a manual driver''s licence and an open Coxswain''s Certificate of Competency....Read More 1 weeks ago
Principal - Pittsworth State High SchoolQueensland Government - Toowoomba, QLD
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland....Read More 1 weeks ago
Site SpecialistQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline health care...Read More 1 weeks ago
Events and Communication OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
A covering letter, of no more than 2 pages outlining your skills and experience against the key responsibilities and key capabilities for the role;...Read More 1 weeks ago
Performance Services OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Applications to remain current for 12 months. Duties of the role. Undertake a range of financial tasks including organising the payment of monthly accounts for...Read More 1 weeks ago