Our Civil Infrastructure team are involved in delivering the most exciting city shaping projects for road, rail, ports, airports, water, urban development and defence. Our teams often lead large, complex multi-discipline projects requiring collaboration across AECOM teams in Environment, Buildings & Places, Resources, Power & Industry and Construction Services sectors as well as with specialist teams in civil & structures, planning & advisory, water, ground engineering, asset management, digital engineering, sustainability, and renewable energy.
Due to recentproject wins in our Civil Infrastructure business, we are excited to be growing our Water team. We are seeking to make a Principal level appointment in Sydney to grow our water planning practice which includes services in master planning, growth servicing, network planning, strategic planning for both water and recycled water networks, detailed planning for a growing portfolio of large infrastructure projects and integrated planning for urban development and growth corridor projects for developer and utility clients.
You will be responsible for growing and maintaining our industry leading Water Planning business through engagement of existing and new clients, technical leadership and project delivery. You will work on complex, large scale projects that deliver great outcomes for our clients. You will be a key member of multi-disciplined engineering, construction and operation teams, collaborate regularly with our national Water leaders to support project pursuit efforts and to help harness the full value of our global expertise to create valued water solutions.
- Technical pursuit and technical delivery leadership of strategic network planning and detailed network planning/modelling projects, including quality assurance
- Creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual project delivery, technical and client challenges, determining technical objectives and requirements, and developing standards and guides for technical activities and applications
- Deliver valued network planning solutions that are focused on flexibility, sustainability, optimisation, integration, whole-of-lifecycle cost and acceptable risk
- Collaborate with supporting resources including design, environment, geotechnical, community consultation, advisory, asset and information management
- Technical verifier/peer review of network planning and modelling projects to support delivery excellence
- Technical supervisor to guide junior members of the water planning team
- Strong client focus including as a facilitator and developing long-term successful relationships – seen as a network planning leader/specialist by our clients
- Business development including proposal preparation and management
- Bachelor’s degree civil, environmental or chemical engineering, science (various) or demonstrate equivalent.
- At least 10 years post-graduate water industry experience, most likely in private sector consulting engineering, with exposure to medium-large and multidisciplinary water infrastructure projects.
- Technical leadership that drives delivery excellence and supports the water team’s strategic plan and growth
- In depth network planning experience that demonstrates the development and evaluation of options and proficient in hydraulic network modelling
- Well informed on current and potential future policy, practice, trends, technology, and information affecting water planning, including drivers, regulation, framework and guidelines
- Appreciation of clients within the water and other water-related markets such as land development, private water utilities, local and state government as in major urban water utilities, regional authorities etc.
- Inspired to provide technical direction, mentor and train our junior members within the team
- Champion of new ideas, encouraging initiative and promoting innovative techniques or actions
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1 weeks ago
Senior Planner - Water & WastewaterAECOM - Sydney, NSW
Keen interest on current and potential future water and recycled water policy, practice, trends, technology, and information affecting water, wastewater and...Read More 1 weeks ago
Principal Water PlannerAECOM - Sydney, NSW
Well informed on current and potential future policy, practice, trends, technology, and information affecting water planning, including drivers, regulation,...Read More 1 weeks ago
Senior Cost ConsultantAECOM - Brisbane, QLD
QS Qualifications (MRICS or AAIQS) – Advantageous. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience managing projects and meeting delivery...Read More 2 months ago
Senior Ecological Risk AssesorAECOM - Sydney, NSW
A relevant Tertiary Qualification in either Biology, Ecology, Chemistry, Toxicology, Geology, Environmental Science or equivalent;...Read More 2 months ago
Project ControllerAECOM - Sydney, NSW
Preferred Qualifications English language skills. Project costing and reporting....Read More 2 months ago