This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior practitioner who is well-connected within the community to develop a service system with a focus on participants from culturally & linguistically diverse backgrounds in the Illawarra/Shoalhaven.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 31 October 2016 at 5pm
- Supporting our NDIS Working Party, Management Committee, staff & key stakeholders with transitioning to the NDIS
- Developing the organisational NDIS Transition Plan
- Developing strategies to mitigate the risk for the organisation, during the transition
- Developing and implementing effective, efficient and sustainable initiatives to maximise the benefits for the organisation's current and potential participants who would be eligible to access the NDIS
- Developing collaborative relationships across the Illawarra and the Shoalhaven in the first instance, to facilitate additional Service Category options, together with the sharing of information & systems, that result in strategic operational partnerships
Position Requirements - Selection Criteria:
Applicants are asked to demonstrate their knowledge and experience with regard to the following criteria in order to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement managerial, staffing and disability program support strategies relevant to the NDIS, which can be reviewed and evaluated.
- Demonstrated ability to determine, influence, lead and implement positive sustainable change within the organisation for services that support people with a disability.
- Experience in advocating for people with a disability, in particular the CALD community, with government and non-government representatives.
- Proven ability to identify new support opportunities for people with a disability.
- Experience in policy development, project planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support a team, delegate and prioritise tasks and manage time effectively, while showing leadership in decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee a financial system that can support service delivery under the NDIS, and meet all financial management and reporting obligations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent IMS to multicultural and mainstream communities and services.
- Demonstrated well-developed skills in establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, developing networks, collaborative arrangements and strategic partnerships.
- An understanding of and/or experience working with refugee and migrant communities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Services or a related discipline, in addition to relevant industry experience or significant relevant experience.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Evidence of strong problem solving skills.
- Current Drivers licence.
- Strong knowledge of Equal Employment (EEO), Work Health & Safety (WH&S) and the NSW Child Protection System.
- Knowledge of the 'not for profit' sector.
- Evidence to demonstrate an understanding of working in a multicultural workplace.
If you wish to apply you need to demonstrate how you meet selection criteria your resume needs to suggest you can meet the selection criteria.
Applications addressing the Selection Criteria together with a resume are to be submitted through the Apply link.