We strive to enhance the social and economic development of our members giving primacy to their cultural heritage dignity and desire of equality with their fellow Australians.
We are the Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA). We started in tin sheds in the early 1970s and have grown to become the leading operator of stores and provider of training and accounting services to Aboriginal communities throughout Australia's north with operations in 25 communities and over 1200 staff. We are also the service provider for the Community Development Program (CDP) in 2 regions and operate several social enterprises spanning construction, accommodation, mechanical repairs, homeland servicing, and furniture manufacture. We are proud of where we have come from and where we are going, and hold our financial independence and benevolent contributions back to our communities as paramount to our success. Over 90% of our income is from our businesses that operate on strong commercial principles.
We have a position for a senior manager that has a desire to contribute and be a part of our incredible journey of successful Indigenous Enterprise.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results driven Retail Operations Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer this is an excellent opportunity for a financially astute, strategic thinking accomplished retail executive to support the development of our store management and staff and to contribute to improving our financial sustainability and business efficiency.
In this diverse role, you'll be involved in a range of different areas, including
- Conducting regular visits to the Stores you are responsible for to review operations
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Working with the COO and store managers to maintain effective stock levels and promotional activity
- Striving to improve services and retail standards with Store Managers and staff
- Supporting, promoting and helping to coordinate the ALPA nutritional strategy
- Controlling expenditure in line with store and department budgets
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase range, sales volumes, and surpluses
- Enhancing and promoting ALPA and its subsidiary brands.
- 3+ years Senior store management experience or equivalent
- Strong understanding of financials
- Ability to manage teams successfully
- High level of computer proficiency
- High level of time management
- Attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Hands on approach and ability to lead from the front
- Experience managing multi-outlet retail operations
- Previous experience in dealing with Indigenous people
- 2+ years management of a remote store
You will be self-driven and demonstrate enthusiasm, passion and an appetite to achieve and succeed for the benefit of Indigenous Enterprise in Australia. Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline will be viewed favourably.
The individual must be able/prepared to travel in light aircraft frequently or drive long distances in what is some of Australia's most remote and beautiful country. This will include overnight stays.
A competitive remuneration package with some tax allowances is offered for the right candidate including 6 weeks annual leave.
Applications in writing must include personal details, recent references and list all relevant work experience whilst addressing the selection criteria.
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Applications close: 18 Nov 2016
4 days ago
Retail Operations ManagerArnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation - Darwin, NT
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer this is an excellent opportunity for a financially astute, strategic thinking accomplished retail executive to support...Read More 4 days ago