Fabricate sheetmetal and tubular structures using workshop equipment
Facilitate day to day operations of the workshop and delivery of workshop services
2 year contract, Clayton based
The Clayton Engineering Facility (CEF) provides a range of services including, design and manufacture of bespoke electrical, electronic, software, fabrication and machine shop capability to a broad range of CSIRO scientific and research projects.
The position will facilitate the general day to day operations of the workshop and provide advice to other trades on the operation, method and priority for delivery of the workshop services. The Sheetmetal Fabricator, may also be required to work at other sites within the Region from time to time as directed by the CEF Team Leader.
In this role, you will:
- Support key projects and teams within CEF innovative Workshop.
- Liaise with scientific staff in identifying detailed job requirements.
- Contribute to design innovation in area of expertise.
- Project Manage jobs from the conception to follow up phase, including;
- Providing exceptional communication skills, liaising with customers, and relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinating quotes and provide advice on materials
- Tracing the timing and delivery of projects
- Tracking of costs throughout the completion of projects
- Ensuring 100% of the progress of the project is clearly documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders and the CEF Leader
- Fabrication of Sheetmetal and tubular structures using workshop equipment, making appropriate material Selection to match client requirements.
- Undertake administrative tasks and maintain work records as per CEF requirements.
- Conduct inspection of engineering assets as instructed to determine maintenance requirements and implement preventative maintenance of equipment as required.
- Provide sound judgement to assess whether equipment repairs are best done internally or externally and carry out repairs as required.
$59k - $75k plus up to 15.4% super
To be successful, you will have:
- Trade Certificate as a Sheetmetal Fabrication with extensive experience working in a relevant workshop.
- Possession of a current driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated experience in providing hands-on fabrication, assembly, disassembly, modification, measurement, troubleshooting and repair of existing sheet metal and fabricated structures using a wide range of materials and methodologies in a research environment such as a university or research institution.
- Ability to provide technical input and engage in technical discussions with researchers and technical staff on the design, prototyping, development, manufacture and installation of bespoke items including problem solving, identify issues and or risks and providing alternative solutions.
- Experience using software applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and experience with specialised sheet metal and duct work design programs.
- Hold a WTIA welding Ticket or equivalent Qualification (i.e. tested welding) in ether MIG, TIG or ARC welding.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of industrial CNC cutting, CNC folding and welding equipment is desirable, as is having a licence to perform high risk work such as a LF Forklift truck.
- Ability to use CAD applications is also desirable
Click here to view the full Role Statement .
Please apply by uploading one document which incorporates the latest version of your CV plus a covering letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role.
Applications close 19 October, 2016 (11:59pm AEST)
2 weeks ago
SHEETMETAL/FABRICATORCSIRO - Melbourne, VIC
Possession of a current driver’s licence. Trade Certificate as a Sheetmetal Fabrication with extensive experience working in a relevant workshop....Read More 2 weeks ago
Analyst, Business Development & Commercial, National Facilities and CollectionsCSIRO - Canberra, ACT
Australian Animal Health Laboratory. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world....Read More 2 months ago
Industrial Fellowship - Drug Discovery ResearchCSIRO - Melbourne, VIC
Applications are invited for a 2 year CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in CSIRO Manufacturing. A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a...Read More 2 months ago
Taxation AdvisorCSIRO - Canberra, ACT
Enhance your accounting or finance qualifications and skills. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world...Read More 2 months ago
Corporate Finance Officer - External BudgetingCSIRO - Canberra, ACT
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. AU $59K to AU $75K plus up to 15.4% superannuation....Read More 2 months ago