We are currently recruiting an experienced Sales Manager to join our team at the Canberra International Airport. You will have a passion for coaching and motivating your team, thrive on achieving targets and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
You will be charged with the daily operations and generating sales growth of the business.
Key accountabilities and activities:
So, in order to be considered you will need to have:
- Maintain a strong focus on the business and understand the sales trends and sales forecasts.
- Work with the team to maximise sales opportunity and achieving KPIs with daily and weekly reviews with the team
- Motivate, encourage and lead the sales team to provide excellence in customer service.
- Provide clear communication and consistent, constructive feedback on a monthly basis to all team members as to their sales and pre-order targets as well as the action plans.
- Reinforce the selling skills and customer service frameworks to ensure effective follow through.
- Ensure the location is sufficiently staffed to maximise sales opportunities.
- Maintain a very high standard of store presentation, including visual merchandising and stock levels by encouraging the practise of good housekeeping according to JR standards.
- Ensure all customer service and follow-up service requirements including, customer complaints, refunds, credits and repairs are handled to the customer’s satisfaction in a most urgent and timely manner.
- Participate in staff morale boosting activities and maintain a positive working relationship with other staff members to ensure they feel they are treated as company "assets".
- Be aware of competitor activity, including other duty free outlets and domestic stores, and put forward suggestions on ways to better grow our business.
Hours of work:
- Demonstrable successful track record in retail operations with at least 2 years in a managerial position.
- Good business sense with good understanding of the business dynamics
- Experience of coaching/training people
- Ability to motivate all staff, at all levels of performance
- Highly skilled team leader who leads from the front
- Ability to be a role model for staff
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong knowledge/experience of retail operations
- Must be flexible with regards to working hours
- Must be proactive, hands on and have a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to manage various competing priorities and ability to assess and resolve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to work well and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently when required
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- Willing to undertake and pass the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) online course
Upon commencement your roster will be:
About James Richardson....
- 3 X 8:30 am – 11:30 am, 1 X 10:00 pm – 01:00 am.
- The store operates on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
James Richardson, established in 1892, has a long and rich history. A family owned business, with our Head Office being in Melbourne. JR has diversified interests as a major duty free retailer with stores in every State of Australia as well as internationally and an importer of commercial furniture and fabrics, as well as having a significant property and investment portfolio. JR/Duty Free is listed as one of the World's Top 20 Duty Free Companies.
Please note that all JR/Duty Free employees go through a Customs and Police Clearance process
1 weeks ago
Sales Manager - Canberra AirportJames Richardson Group - Canberra, ACT
Demonstrable successful track record in retail operations with at least 2 years in a managerial position. Strong knowledge/experience of retail operations....Read More 1 weeks ago
Lancôme Beauty Advisor - 37.5 hours per weekJames Richardson Group - Perth, WA
JR/Duty Free listed as one of the World’s Top 20 Duty Free Companies offers world-class duty free and retail shopping located in airports across Australia, New...Read More 1 weeks ago
Sales Crew - Permanent Part-time - Canberra AirportJames Richardson Group - Canberra, ACT
If you have proven success selling either liquor, technology, perfume and cosmetics, watches and jewellery, handbags, sunglasses or come from a luxury retail...Read More 2 months ago
Beauty Advisor - PUIG - Perth AirportJames Richardson Group - Perth, WA
Provide feedback in regular reports to the Airport Retail Manager and the Fragrance and Skincare buyer (and your supplier when a representative visits) on stock...Read More 2 months ago
Sales Crew - Christmas Casuals - Perth AirportJames Richardson Group - Perth, WA
At JR Duty Free, our business philosophy is to provide our passengers with fabulous service, amazing products, and a luxury retail experience beyond their...Read More 2 months ago