The main duties of this role include;
1. Effectively lead and manage a team including setting priorities, allocating resources, monitoring outcomes, developing local strategies, procedures and practices.
2. Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders including neighbouring landholders, other government departments, industry groups, commercial operators, recreational user groups, and traditional owners.
3. Provide information, advice, and education to the public, industry, and other key stakeholders to promote the conservation of protected areas and use of national parks, forests and marine parks.
4. Plan and manage emergency response, critical incidents, compliance and enforcement operations and ensure all staff are appropriately trained in their application
5. Plan recovery of areas after natural disaster events, manage relevant agency investigations, resource allocation and emerging issues.
6. Deliver and report on annual work schedules and budgets for recreational and infrastructure development (including fire management, wildlife management, capital works, strategic asset maintenance and pest management programs).
7. Plan, develop and oversee infrastructure development and maintenance projects.
8. Participate in agency planning and management processes and provide technical research and input into programs and projects.
9. Prepare complex correspondence including ministerial documents and briefings for decision by senior officers.
Qualifications While no formal qualification is required for the role of a Ranger, possession of a relevant qualification/s will be highly regarded.
Licences It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a manual driver''s licence and an open Coxswain''s Certificate of Competency.
Applications to remain current for 12 months. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Senior RangerQueensland Government - Mackay, QLD
Licences It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a manual driver''s licence and an open Coxswain''s Certificate of Competency....Read More1 weeks ago
Principal - Pittsworth State High SchoolQueensland Government - Toowoomba, QLD
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland....Read More1 weeks ago
Site SpecialistQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline health care...Read More1 weeks ago
Events and Communication OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
A covering letter, of no more than 2 pages outlining your skills and experience against the key responsibilities and key capabilities for the role;...Read More1 weeks ago
Performance Services OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Applications to remain current for 12 months. Duties of the role. Undertake a range of financial tasks including organising the payment of monthly accounts for...Read More1 weeks ago