Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities. At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
Applications are invited for the position of Sustainable Resources Project Officer. This is a permanent position within Council’s Environment Section. This is an exciting position focused on the development and delivery of projects in a range of sustainability, waste, planning and community engagement areas.
The successful applicant will:
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide local places and spaces that are clean and healthy and turn awareness and commitment into action to halt or reserve the effects, pressures and threats on the built and natural environment by working in collaboration with our community and other stakeholders.
- Develop and participate in the implementation of projects, strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures that align with this commitment specifically:
o Sustainable (waste) resources
o Clean Cities.
Remunerations & Benefits
- Minimum degree level qualifications in an environmental, educational discipline or equivalent
- Relevant local government experience
- Strong capacity or sound experience in the development of strategies, policies and programs related to environmental sustainability and/or waste management.
- Proven project management skills, with a strong record of achievement in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating a broad range of programs and project.
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations, write correspondence, complex reports, grant applications and award submission
- Computer literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft products such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to, and an understanding of, WHS issues and EEO principles in the workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours
- Current NSW Driver's Licence (Class C)
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $69,695.60 - $78,057.20 per annum will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- Car allowance
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. Best of luck.
Closing Date: 28 October 2016
Contact Officer: Nicole Greenwood 0408 494 233
INTERNAL REF: BCC1653
1 weeks ago
Aboriginal Arts Development Officer (Full Time, Part Time or Job Share considered)Blacktown City Council - Blacktown, NSW
Tertiary qualifications in a related field or equivalent relevant experience. A competitive salary range of $1,393.20 - $1,560.40 based on qualifications and...Read More 1 weeks ago
Sustainable Resources Project OfficerBlacktown City Council - Blacktown, NSW
Minimum degree level qualifications in an environmental, educational discipline or equivalent. Current NSW Driver's Licence (Class C)....Read More 1 weeks ago
Service Advisor - Casual - Blacktown Leisure Centre StanhopeBlacktown City Council - Blacktown, NSW
The purpose of the of role of the Service Advisor is to undertake the main reception function, greeting customers, offering advice on activities and programs,...Read More 2 months ago
Early Childhood Teacher - CasualBlacktown City Council - Blacktown, NSW
Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Training, which meets requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law 2010 and Education and Care Services...Read More 2 months ago
Child Care Assistant - CasualBlacktown City Council - Blacktown, NSW
Child Care Assistants are responsible for assisting qualified staff to provide an appropriate and stimulating program of care and education, and to ensure the...Read More 2 months ago