Tobacco Action Officer
(Maternity leave position for 12 months, possible extension)
- Council Level 4, pay points range between $66,652 - $85,529 pa, Full time or Part time (pro-rata)
- (Commensurate with experience)
- PLUS 9.5% superannuation, annual leave loading, free parking and the financial benefit from not-for-profit salary packaging.
Located at Fairbairn (Canberra Airport)
About the role
- As the primary requirement the Tobacco Action Officer will fulfil the Cancer Council ACT's contract with ACT Health by providing education courses to help people quit smoking.
- Clients may include employees of government departments, people with a mental illness, students, Aboriginal people, people with drug problems, and professionals wanting to assist their clients quit smoking.
- Applicants need to have a keen interest in health promotion; recent successful experience educating adults; excellent, writing and other communication skills and a current driving licence with own car available during business hours.
To apply and for more information
Please send applications with contact details of two work referees to Joan Bartlett, Chief Executive Officer via the Apply link below.
To be considered applications must address the Selection Criteria and include contact details of two referees. Selection documentation is available at http://www.actcancer.org/about-us/work-with-us/
Please Note: Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not receive a response to their application.
Cancer Council ACT is a smoke free workplace
Tobacco Action OfficerThe Cancer Council ACT - Canberra, ACT
Excellent, writing and other communication skills and a current driving licence with own car available during business hours....Read More6 days ago
Senior Fundraising Events CoordinatorThe Cancer Council ACT - Canberra, ACT
Cancer Council ACT works to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer through information, education, supportive care and research....Read More6 days ago