The key responsibilities of the Triage and Assessment Officer are:
- Contribute to the OHO meeting its strategic objectives and legislative requirements.
- Be accountable for completing complaint assessments within specified legislative timeframes and provide a high standard of customer service.
- Triage complaints and notifications to identify and clearly articulate complaint issues, determine risk, priority and necessary assessment activities.
- Issue statutory notices to obtain information necessary to complete comprehensive assessments of complaints and notifications.
- Critically analyse and assess complaint and notification information, including identifying and applying relevant professional standards, codes of conduct and other formal health service and/or health practitioner guidelines.
- Provide a high level of customer service that is stakeholder focused, balancing fit for purpose case management with high quality outcomes.
- Prepare correspondence and reports applying best practice administrative decision making principles.
- Maintain comprehensive case file records in accordance with legislative and organisation requirements.
- Establish and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders to promote seamless service delivery and quality outcomes.
- Provide ongoing input into the development and continuous improvement of complaint handling business processes and resources to contribute to the Division's goal of providing best practice health service complaints management.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of a positive and supportive organisational culture.
- The role involves frequent liaison with key stakeholders, including health service providers, our co-regulation partners the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and other key government agencies such as, the Queensland Police Service, the Crime and Corruption Commission and/or Queensland Ombudsman).
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to obtain information and documentation to undertake the assessment process and to facilitate appropriate complaint management and information sharing.
Communication and Reporting
- Assist with the preparation of reports on the performance of the Triage and Assessment Unit.
- Proactively communicate relevant information to the Principal Triage and Assessment Officer.
- Escalate complaints that raise concerns about issues of public interest and safety to the Principal Triage and Assessment Officer.
- Work within the values and priorities of the OHO.
- Participate in the conduct of quality assurance reviews of the OHO.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and business excellence through sharing ideas for improvements in day to day work.
- Perform other activities in relation to triage and assessment as directed.
This process may be used to fill subsequent temporary positions.
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the 'APPLY ONLINE' button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
1 weeks ago
Senior RangerQueensland Government - Mackay, QLD
Licences It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a manual driver''s licence and an open Coxswain''s Certificate of Competency....Read More 1 weeks ago
Principal - Pittsworth State High SchoolQueensland Government - Toowoomba, QLD
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland....Read More 1 weeks ago
Site SpecialistQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline health care...Read More 1 weeks ago
Events and Communication OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
A covering letter, of no more than 2 pages outlining your skills and experience against the key responsibilities and key capabilities for the role;...Read More 1 weeks ago
Performance Services OfficerQueensland Government - Brisbane, QLD
Applications to remain current for 12 months. Duties of the role. Undertake a range of financial tasks including organising the payment of monthly accounts for...Read More 1 weeks ago