The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources:
• provides advice to the Australian Government on how to help our primary industries remain competitive, productive and sustainable into the future
• administers Australian Government programmes and legislation that support this objective, including the collection of levies for research, development and marketing
• regulates the import of food and other goods to ensure that Australia is safeguarded against exotic animal and plant pests and diseases
• regulates the provision of export certification of agriculture, fish and forest products to meet importing country requirements.
UVEP is a great way for you to gain paid work experience prior to graduating. UVEP offers you the invaluable experience to gain a better understanding of the work of the department. It also provides you with insight into future career opportunities with the department including the Graduate Development Programme and ABARES Entry Level Professional Programme. The programme includes:
• A six week paid work placement (at the APS1 level ) where you are employed to complete a specific project for the department relevant to your studies and interests
• The opportunity to network with peers, professionals and researchers in your field of interest.
The projects we have on offer for the 2017 UVEP are diverse, spanning across a range of issues and business functions. To view the projects available, please see http://www.agriculture.gov.au/about/jobs/graduate/uvep
The UVEP commences on 10 January 2017 and runs for six weeks to 17 February 2017.
This programme is designed for current university students who will continue their studies in 2017. The programme is available to students from all disciplines.
You must be an Australian citizen to participate in the UVEP. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an AFP Police Check. You will be responsible for your own travel and accommodation arrangements during the six week programme. No financial assistance for relocation will be provided.
Applicants will be able to view all projects available, including a full description and any prerequisites required. When responding to your selected projects it is important to keep your responses succinct and remain within the limit of 300 words.
For more information about the position please contact [email protected]
Applications close: 11.00 pm AEDT on 6 November 2016
University Vacation Employment Programme (UVEP)Department of Agriculture & Water Resources - Canberra, ACT
Successful applicants will be required to undergo an AFP Police Check. This programme is designed for current university students who will continue their...Read More1 weeks ago
Export Systems AdministratorDepartment of Agriculture & Water Resources - Canberra, ACT
Other duties of the role include:. The Meat Exports Branch is responsible for the national certification, verification, audit and inspection requirements for...Read More2 weeks ago
AuditorDepartment of Agriculture & Water Resources - Sydney, NSW
Current Food Safety or Lead Auditor qualifications or ability to obtain Food Safety Auditor qualifications within the 6 month probationary period....Read More2 weeks ago
Senior AuditorDepartment of Agriculture & Water Resources - Sydney, NSW
Current Food Safety or Lead Auditor qualifications or ability to obtain Food Safety Auditor qualifications within the 6 month of commencement....Read More2 weeks ago
Senior AnalystDepartment of Agriculture & Water Resources - Canberra, ACT
The Trade and Market Strategy Branch is responsible for maintaining, pursuing and improving market access for Australian portfolio industries through the...Read More2 weeks ago